Novinka! Platená stáž v USA na...
Host Company Description
The host organization provides disaster and recovery management as well as civil construction services throughout the United States and abroad with wide-ranging projects in size and budget. The company has several key offices in the U.S. where training will be conducted. The training time may be split between offices in different states, which would require trainee’s relocation.
Program Duration - 18 months
Compensation - $15 per hour
Housing - assisted to find, subsidy provided
Start date - Fall 2022
Number of Positions Offered - 1
About The Location
Minneapolis is a city in the U.S. state of Minnesota and the county seat of Hennepin County. Abundant in water, with thirteen lakes, wetlands, the Mississippi River, creeks and waterfalls, Minneapolis had its origins in timber and as the flour milling capital of the world. It lies along both banks of the Mississippi River and adjoins Saint Paul, the state capital of Minnesota.
Minneapolis, Saint Paul, and the surrounding area are collectively known as the Twin Cities.
Minneapolis has one of the nation's best park systems, connected by the Grand Rounds National Scenic Byway. Biking and walking trails, some of which follow old railroad lines, run through many parts of the city, such as the historic Mill District by Saint Anthony Falls and around the lakes of the Lowry Hill area. Minneapolis has cold, snowy winters and hot, humid summers. Among large companies with their main headquarters in Minneapolis, Target Corporation dominates downtown. The city is home to the Guthrie Theater as well as the First Avenue nightclub. Minneapolis hosts four professional sports teams.
The University of Minnesota main campus is for the most part in Minneapolis, as are other postsecondary institutions, two of them primarily online. The city is served by light rail, and first rate hospitals, according to recent rankings.
This hands-on 18-month traineeship position will study and support the company’s heavy civil estimating and project management team. The trainee will engage in accounting activity and will receive hands-on training by assisting the project accounting staff. Other duties include:
- Review financial terms of contracts and establishment of contracts
- Manage sub-consultant contracts and invoicing and weekly client invoicing
- Perform analyses for individual construction and/or disaster recovery contracts
- Analyze various aspects for the construction and contracts (e.g., revenue analyses, percent complete analyses, variance analyses, cost analyses)
- Create financial reports for management review
- Maintain a proprietary ticket tracking software system and
- Coordinate with project managers to correct problems (e.g., revenue problems, cost problems, budget problems, performing weekly invoicing to clients for projects)
- Research bids and generate work
- Obtain, coordinate and analyze bids
- Sort and maintain the current bid list
- Prepare accurate pricing of estimates, including labor and material
- Obtain adequate number of plans and specifications
- Develop material cost information for specific project types
- Provide other services: change order pricing, attending pre-bid conferences and site visits
- To apply for the Trainee program, applicants must hold a Bachelor or Master’s degree in Accounting and have least 1 year of professional work experience in accounting field, OR be career professionals of 5 or more years of professional experience
- FLUENT English is required (written and spoken)
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office/Excel)
- Well-developed budgeting, purchasing, and organizational skills
- Must be willing to travel around the U.S.
- Professional experience with Tableau BI software and Microsoft PowerBI