Programový poplatok len 499 US...
Host Company Description
The host organization provides disaster and recovery management as well as civil construction services throughout the United States and abroad with wide-ranging projects in size and budget. The company has several key offices in the U.S. where training will be conducted. The training time may be split between offices in different states, which would require trainee’s relocation.
Program Duration - 18 months
Compensation - $15 per hour
Housing - assisted to find, subsidy provided
Start date - Fall 2022
Number of Positions Offered - 1
About The Location
Minneapolis is a city in the U.S. state of Minnesota and the county seat of Hennepin County. Abundant in water, with thirteen lakes, wetlands, the Mississippi River, creeks and waterfalls, Minneapolis had its origins in timber and as the flour milling capital of the world. It lies along both banks of the Mississippi River and adjoins Saint Paul, the state capital of Minnesota.
Minneapolis, Saint Paul, and the surrounding area are collectively known as the Twin Cities.
Minneapolis has one of the nation's best park systems, connected by the Grand Rounds National Scenic Byway. Biking and walking trails, some of which follow old railroad lines, run through many parts of the city, such as the historic Mill District by Saint Anthony Falls and around the lakes of the Lowry Hill area. Minneapolis has cold, snowy winters and hot, humid summers. Among large companies with their main headquarters in Minneapolis, Target Corporation dominates downtown. The city is home to the Guthrie Theater as well as the First Avenue nightclub. Minneapolis hosts four professional sports teams.
The University of Minnesota main campus is for the most part in Minneapolis, as are other postsecondary institutions, two of them primarily online. The city is served by light rail, and first rate hospitals, according to recent rankings.
This hands-on 18-month traineeship position will study and support the company’s heavy civil estimating and project management team. This is not a design-oriented role but rather the winning candidate will study self-performance civil construction while researching subcontractors, securing quotes for projects, entering projects into HCSS, learning Planswift for take-offs, and studying and executing other duties critical to bid response and construction management.
The trainee will assist in refinements cost and man hour monitoring and forecasting including the review and implementation of proposed schedules. They will also assist in performance monitoring and control functions for specific applications, including the consistent use of applicable procedures. The trainee will conduct performance monitoring and control functions for specific applications and also help develop and implement requirements for cost recording, reporting, and analyzing standards, programs, and reports. Candidates will also learn how to coordinate and work with the project managers to resolve project issues and to ensure the delivery/completion of projects. Other duties will include:
- Research bids and generate work
- Obtain, coordinate and analyze bids
- Sort and maintain the current bid list
- Prepare accurate pricing of estimates, including labor and material
- Obtain adequate number of plans and specifications
- Develop material cost information for specific project types
- Provide other services: change order pricing, attending pre-bid conferences and site visits
- To apply for the Trainee program, applicants must hold a Civil Engineering degree and have least 1 year of professional work experience related to the degree, OR be career professionals of 5 or more years of professional experience in this field
- FLUENT English is required (written and spoken)
- Understanding of construction methods, materials and labor ideally on heavy civil, bridge, dam, &/or earthwork projects
- An understanding of engineering drawings, and specifications, and the ability to coordinate with multiple engineering disciplines is required
- Estimating Software (Auto Cad, Pay-Dirt) & HCSS experience is a must
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office/Excel)
- Well-developed budgeting, purchasing, and organizational skills
- Must be willing to travel around the U.S.