Programový poplatok len 499 US...
Host Company Description
Based just outside of Philadelphia, PA, the host is a construction company with over 35 years of experience. They pride themselves on quality work, restoration, and meeting budgets and deadlines for their clients. They are seeking a talented accounting candidate who can assist their financial team and who is excited to learn new skills in the field.
Program Duration - 12–18 months
Compensation - $12 per hour
Housing - Not provided
Start date - Fall 2022
Number of Positions Offered - 1
About The Location
The Philadelphia area's many universities and colleges make it a top study destination, as the city has evolved into an educational and economic hub. As of 2019, the Philadelphia metropolitan area is estimated to produce a gross metropolitan product (GMP) of $490 billion. Philadelphia is the center of economic activity in Pennsylvania and is home to five Fortune 1000 companies. The city is known for its arts, culture, cuisine, and colonial history, attracting 42 million domestic tourists in 2016 who spent $6.8 billion, generating an estimated $11 billion in total economic impact in the city and surrounding four counties of Pennsylvania. Philadelphia is the home of many U.S. firsts, including the nation's first library (1731), hospital (1751), medical school (1765), national capital (1774), university (by some accounts) (1779), stock exchange (1790), zoo (1874), and business school (1881).
- Assist project managers with existing client relationships related to municipal, land development, transportation, and other engineering improvement projects.
- Observe construction activities like; construction of storm water management facilities, streetscape, grading, paving, curb, sidewalk, lighting, retaining walls, landscaping, roadway/bridge construction, and buildings, and complete documentation for approved construction drawings/plans, project requirements, standards, and specifications.
- Prepare daily construction and inspection reports with detailed observations of contractor construction techniques and progress.
- To apply for the Internship program, applicants must be full-time university students with academic focus in Civil Engineering studies OR have graduated less than 12 months from the internship begin date.
- To apply for the Trainee program, applicants must hold Civil Engineering degrees and have at least 1 year of professional work experience related to the degree, OR be career professionals of 5 or more years in this field
- Excellent English skills and an outstanding communicator
- Possess effective oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering; Master’s degree a plus
- Ability to build relationships with all staff, sub-consultants, and clientsComputer skills in AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe, etc.