Novinka! Platená stáž v USA na...
Host Company Description
This 5-star luxury resort, located on the Kohala Coast is home to 540 rooms, that reflect the warmth and welcoming nature of Hawaii. Featuring six restaurants, an oceanfront pool, private beach, world-class golf, and more, this resort has something for every guest. Cultural activities including Loa Luaus, ocean paddling, and more are fun for the whole family and give the guests a taste of true Hawaiian life.
Program Duration - 12 months
Compensation - $12.00 - $24.76 per hour
Housing - provided -$250 biweekly ($350 deposit)
Start date - June/July 2023
Number of Positions Offered - 6
About The Location
Waimea is a historic seaport town in Hawaii County, Hawaii, United States. The name Waimea means reddish water.
Waimea is the center for ranching activities and paniolo culture. The Parker Ranch in and around Waimea is the largest privately owned cattle ranch in the United States, and the annual Fourth of July rodeo is a major event. The Waimea Cherry Blossom Heritage Festival, held annually in the first week of February, has recently become another major event of the town. In the center of town are the Isaacs Art Center, the Wishard Gallery, Paniolo Heritage Center at Pukalani Stables, and the Gallery of Great Things, all featuring Hawaiian art.
Waimea is home to the headquarters of two astronomical observatories located on Mauna Kea, the W. M. Keck Observatory and the Canada–France–Hawaii Telescope. It is also headquarters of the International Lunar Observatory Association.
- Learn all aspects of high-volume food service in a fine dining environment
- Assist in preparing food for service (e.g., chop vegetables, butcher meat, or prepare sauces)
- Assist in preparing menu items under supervision
- Advance management skills and supervisory duties
- To apply for the Internship program, applicants must be Hospitality, Culinary or Restaurant Management undergraduate/graduate students OR a be recent graduates who begin program within 12 months of the graduation date
- To apply for the Trainee program, applicants must hold Hospitality, Culinary or Restaurant Management degrees and have least 1 year of professional work experience related to the degree, OR be career professionals of 5 or more years of professional experience in this field
- Advanced English langugage skills
- A positive attitude, and the ability to communicate with clients and hotel associates
- Culinary and Food & Beverage J1’s are required to have a Tuberculosis Clearance before they are eligible to start work