Programový poplatok len 499 US...
Host Company Description
Headquartered in New York City, this architecture firm handles projects of all sizes all around the globe. From boutique bookstores to museums and skyscrapers, the firm designs a wide variety of buildings used for different purposes. Whether designing new spaces, or revitalizing outdated ones, the firm prides itself on providing high-level services that meet client expectations, requirements, and budget.
Program Duration - 12–18 months
Compensation - $15.00 per hour
Housing - not provided
Star date - Spring 2023
Number of Positions Offered - 1
About The Location
New York, often called New York City (NYC) to distinguish it from the state of New York, is the most populous city in the United States. With a 2020 population of 8,804,190 distributed over 300.46 square miles (778.2 km2), New York City is also the most densely populated major city in the United States. Located at the southern tip of the state of New York, the city is the center of the New York metropolitan area, the largest metropolitan area in the world by urban area. With over 20.1 million people in its metropolitan statistical area and 23.5 million in its combined statistical area as of 2020, New York is one of the world's most populous megacities. New York City has been described as the cultural, financial, and media capital of the world, significantly influencing commerce, entertainment, research, technology, education, politics, tourism, dining, art, fashion, and sports, and is the most photographed city in the world. Home to the headquarters of the United Nations, New York is an important center for international diplomacy and has sometimes been called the capital of the world.
Many districts and monuments in New York City are major landmarks, including three of the world's ten most visited tourist attractions in 2013. A record 66.6 million tourists visited New York City in 2019. Times Square is the brightly illuminated hub of the Broadway Theater District, one of the world's busiest pedestrian intersections, and a major center of the world's entertainment industry. Many of the city's landmarks, skyscrapers, and parks are known around the world, as is the city's fast pace, spawning the term New York minute. The Empire State Building has become the global standard of reference to describe the height and length of other structures. Manhattan's real estate market is among the most expensive in the world. Providing continuous 24/7 service and contributing to the nickname The City That Never Sleeps, the New York City Subway is the largest single-operator rapid transit system worldwide, with 472 rail stations. The city has over 120 colleges and universities, including Columbia University, New York University, Rockefeller University, and the City University of New York system, which is the largest urban public university system in the United States. Anchored by Wall Street in the Financial District of Lower Manhattan, New York City has been called both the world's leading financial center and the most financially powerful city in the world, and is home to the world's two largest stock exchanges by total market capitalization, the New York Stock Exchange and Nasdaq.
- Participate in multiple project phases, including presentations, schematic design, design development, and construction documents
- Collaborate with design team, clients, consultants, contractors, fabricators, technologists, regulatory agencies, and other vendors to meet overall project objectives
- Produce graphic presentations, marketing plans, and construction drawings
- Learn about the commercial workplace interior and architectural sector
- Request samples from vendors and manage material library
- Must be willing to answer phones, handle requests, and communicate with property management teams and brokers regarding projects
- To apply for the Internship program, applicants must be full-time university students with academic focus in Architecture studies OR have graduated less than 12 months from the internship begin date.
- To apply for the Trainee program, applicants must hold Architecture degrees and have at least 1 year of professional work experience related to the degree, OR be career professionals of 5 or more years in this field
- Must speak Advanced English (reading and writing)
- 1-3 years’ experience working for a architecture or interior design firm, specializing in corporate interiors is a plus. This is an entry level position.
- BArch, MArch, or Interior Design degree is required.
- Excellent design, organization, and communications skills required.
- Attention to detail and a desire to learn is a must.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office software.
- Advanced knowledge of AutoCAD software, as this is the main software used daily.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, with emphasis on Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop.