Programový poplatok len 499 US...
Host Company Description
Litigating cases at all levels, this public interest and civil rights law firm aims to help those marginalized by society. Giving legal assistance that is understandable and clear to everyone regardless of language or status is a core value of the firm. The firm practices law in the San Francisco Bay area with offices in Oakland.
Program Duration - 12–18 months
Compensation - $14 per hour
Housing - Not provided
Start date - Spring 2022
Number of Positions Offered - 1
About The Location
Oakland is the largest city and the county seat of Alameda County, California. A major West Coast port city, Oakland is the largest city in the East Bay region of the San Francisco Bay Area, the third largest city overall in the San Francisco Bay Area, the eighth most populated city in California, and the 45th most populated city in the United States. With a population of 440,646 as of 2020, it serves as a trade center for the San Francisco Bay Area; the Port of Oakland is the busiest port in the San Francisco Bay, the entirety of Northern California, and the fifth busiest in the United States of America.
- Participate in opportunities to learn and work on all aspects of cases
- Conduct intake, legal research, and investigation
- Prepare and file complaints
- Participate in deposition, trial, resolution, and appeal processes
- To apply for the Internship program, applicants must be full-time university students with academic focus in law studies OR have graduated less than 12 months from the internship begin date.
- To apply for the Trainee program, applicants must hold law degrees and have at least 1 year of professional work experience related to the degree, OR be career professionals of 5 or more years in the field
- Applicants must speak advanced English with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working as a paralegal is preferred but not required
- Familiarity with legal research
- Familiarity with drafting legal documents
- Spanish language fluency is required