Programový poplatok len 499 US...
Host Company Description
Located in the beautiful Pacific Northwest, this law firm serves the Portland, Oregon area with social security disability cases. With years of knowledge and experience in this area of law, they are able to aid clients in navigating the difficult and frustrating social security system to get them the help they need and rely on. The firm provides assistance in cases involving Social Security Disability Benefits, Disabled Widow(er)’s Benefits, and more.
Program Duration - 12–18 months
Compensation - $17.00 per hour
Housing - Not provided
Start date - April 2023
Number of Positions Offered - 1
About The Location
Portland is a port city in the Pacific Northwest and the largest city in the U.S. state of Oregon. Situated at the confluence of the Willamette and Columbia rivers, Portland is the most populous county in Oregon. Portland had a population of 652,503. The city operates with a commission-based government, guided by a mayor and four commissioners, as well as Metro, the only directly elected metropolitan planning organization in the United States. Its climate is marked by warm, dry summers and cool, rainy winters. This climate is ideal for growing roses, and Portland has been called the "City of Roses" for over a century.
- Participate in opportunities to learn and work on all aspects of cases
- Conduct intake, legal research, and investigation
- Prepare and file complaints
- Participate in deposition, trial, resolution, and appeal processes
- To apply for the Internship program, applicants must be full-time university students with academic focus in Law studies OR have graduated less than 12 months from the internship begin date.
- To apply for the Trainee program, applicants must hold Law degrees and have at least 1 year of professional work experience related to the degree, OR be career professionals of 5 or more years in the field
- Applicants must speak Advanced English wtih excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Two years (or more) of experience working as a paralegal is preferred but not required
- Familiarity with legal research
- Familiarity with drafting legal documents