Nová TOP Food&Beverage poz...
Host Company Description
This host company is located close to downtown Atlanta and is a global logistics provider. The program participant will learn about regulations in the U.S. Logistics Industry, perform various shipment duties, review promotional materials, and prepare export/import shipping documents. The participant will gain organizational and time management skills and will acquire customer service experience in high-volume business.
Program Duration - 12–18 months
Compensation - $18 per hour
Housing - Not provided
Start date - Winter 2023 / Spring 2024
Number of Positions Offered - 1
About The Location
Atlanta is the capital of the U.S. state of Georgia, with an estimated 2018 population of 498,044. The city serves as the cultural and economic center of the Atlanta metropolitan area, home to 5 million people and the ninth largest metropolitan in the nation.
Atlanta and the downtown area offer a wide variety of cultural and accessible attractions within close distance of the Hotel. Main attractions are Centennial Olympic Park, The World Of Coca-Cola, Varsity, College Football Hall of Fame, The Georgia Aquarium, amongst many other.
- Responsible for handling Ocean Export & Import documentation
- Monitor containers from origin to destination to ensure on-time delivery to avoid delays or storage charges.
- Tracking & handling all aspects of shipments from origin to destination
- Sending pre-alert, making files, tracking shipment, issuing Bill of Lading, liaising with customs brokers & steamship lines.
- Responsible from start to completion for export & import process
- Quote transportation and ocean freight rates to overseas offices.
- Consult and advise partners on best methods
- Communicate with export related authorities, customers, and suppliers to ensure efficient, positive, and lawful relationships
- To apply for the Internship program, you must be an undergraduate student of Logistics, Business, or similar OR a recent graduate starting the program within 12 months of graduation.
- To apply for the Trainee program, you must hold a bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Business, or similar and at least 1 year of work experience OR be a career professional of 5 or more years in related field.
- Applicants must speak Advanced English
- Proficiency with MS Excel (including pivot tables, VLOOKUP – role in Excel heavy)
- Strong math and computer skills
- Exceptional attention to accuracy, detail, and time-management
- Ability to communicate, present, and negotiate effectively