Nová TOP Food&Beverage poz...
Host Company Description
The host company is in proximity to Rocky Mountain National Park. It provides a wide range of services for family vacation and group lodging needs. Besides numerous lodges and cabin accommodations, it has conference facilities that accommodate family reunions, group retreats, religious gatherings, and corporate functions. There are a variety of on-site activities, from an adventure ropes course and zip line to volleyball, horseback riding, and crafting.
Program Duration - 12 months
Compensation - $13.32 per hour
Housing - $200 per week (includes meals)
Start date - April 2024
Number of Positions Offered - 2
About The Location
Estes Park is a statutory town in Larimer County, Colorado, United States. The town population was 5,904 in 2020 United States Census. A popular summer resort and the location of the headquarters for Rocky Mountain National Park, Estes Park lies along the Big Thompson River. Landmarks include The Stanley Hotel and The Baldpate Inn. The town overlooks Lake Estes and Olympus Dam.
With its scenic riverwalk and charming downtown, Estes offers vacationers ample activities. From boating on Lake Estes to soaring up the aerial tram, touring historical sites to savoring sips at local breweries and distilleries, this small mountain town doesn’t disappoint. While summer is prime season, there are special events, concerts and festivals throughout the year. In autumn, aspens glow golden, fall festivals commence and the whole town celebrates the elk rut, or mating rituals, where the bull elk bugle and spar as they compete for mating rights. Estes Park is also a wonderful winter respite for snow activities, soaking in a hot tub and attending unique winter celebrations.
Rocky Mountain National Park is the main attraction to this scenic valley. Trail Ridge Road, a designated national scenic byway and the highest continuous paved highway in America, takes travelers on a journey through an alpine wonderland. Wildlife encounters are a daily occurrence, especially sightings of the majestic elk that forage in grassy meadows. Despite the popularity of the park, solitude can be found any time of year as explorers venture away from the roads and along the trails.
- Learn how to plan and execute camp activities and develop recreational plans for groups
- Learn to work with youth and plan events
- Help each participant meet the goals established by the camp for camper development
- Assist with event preparation, coordinating food and beverage service, event execution
- Assist in teaching or leading activities
- To apply for the Internship program, applicants must be full-time university students with academic focus in Education, Sports, Recreation and Tourism OR have graduated less than 12 months from the internship begin date.
- To apply for the Trainee program, applicants must hold Education, Sports, Recreation and Tourism and have at least 1 year of professional work experience related to the degree, OR be career professionals of 5 or more years in the field
- Prior work with school-age children is preferred
- Fluent in English (reading, writing and speaking skills)
- Must be friendly, outgoing, organized, self-reliant, efficient and have computer skills