Nová TOP Food&Beverage poz...
Host Company Description
This hotel in scenic Anchorage, Alaska is right near the lakeshore in the downtown area. Surrounded by natural beauty, Alaska has much to offer and the hotel provides refined stays for guests seeking to explore this gorgeous state. The host is seeking a trainee familiar with the HR field, who is hoping to increase their knowledge and advance in their career.
Program Duration - 12 months
Compensation - $12 per hour
Housing - Not provided
Start date - Fall 2023
Number of Positions Offered - 1
About The Location
Anchorage is a unified municipal consolidated city-borough in the U.S. state of Alaska, on the West Coast of the United States. With a population of 291,247 in 2020 it is Alaska's most populous city and contains nearly 40% of the state's population. The Anchorage metropolitan area, which includes Anchorage and the neighboring Matanuska-Susitna Borough, had a population of 398,328 in 2020 accounting for more than half the state's population. At 1,706 square miles (4,420 km2) of land area, the city is the fourth-largest by area in the United States.
Due to its location, almost equidistant from New York City, Tokyo, and Frankfurt, Germany (via the polar route), Anchorage lies within 10 hours by air of nearly 90% of the industrialized world. For this reason, Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport is a common refueling stop for international cargo flights and home to a major FedEx hub, which the company calls a "critical part" of its global network of services.
Anchorage has won the All-America City Award four times: in 1956, 1965, 1984–85, and 2002.
- Assist with the planning and execution of employee engagement initiatives
- Assist with recruitment activities, including job fairs, university events, and the internship program
- Assist with onboarding and new hire orientation
- Participate in recruitment while creating and maintaining relationships with hotel schools
- Help with daily operation of the Talent & Culture Department
- Promote positive colleague relations through an environment that encourages open communication, trust, mutual respect, and fun
- Assist employees with inquiries regarding time off, benefits enrollment, and benefits
- Maintain employee files
- Provide support with unemployment claims, leave requests, and workers compensation claims
- To apply for the Internship program, applicants must be full-time university students with academic focus in Business Management / Human Resources OR have graduated less than 12 months from the internship begin date.
- To apply for the Trainee program, applicants must hold Business Management / Human Resources and have at least 1 year of professional work experience related to the degree, OR be career professionals of 5 or more years in the field
- Fluent in English (reading, writing and speaking skills)
- Applicants with hotel management work experience preferred
- Must be friendly, outgoing, organized, self-reliant, efficient and have computer skills