Nová TOP Food&Beverage poz...
Host Company Description
As a professional photography business in Honolulu, HI, this host company captures memories for every big moment in life: proposals, weddings, anniversaries, family vacations, and more. For every project, they aim to take photograph these occasions with style and care—ensuring that clients can fondly remember their big occasion. Trainees and interns will have the opportunity to train and learn how a photography business is operated and how to catch moments that will last a lifetime.
Program Duration - 12 - 18 months
Compensation - $19.23 per hour
Housing - not provided
Start date - Winter 2023
Number of Positions Offered - 1
About The Location
Honolulu is the capital and largest city of the U.S. state of Hawaii, which is located in the Pacific Ocean. It is situated along the southeast coast of the island of Oʻahu and is the westernmost and southernmost major U.S. city. Honolulu is Hawaii's main gateway to the world. It is also a major hub for business, finance, hospitality, and military defense in both the state and Oceania. The city is characterized by a mix of various Asian, Western, and Pacific cultures, as reflected in its diverse demography, cuisine, and traditions.
Honolulu means "sheltered harbor or "calm port" in Hawaiian. The city gained worldwide recognition following Japan's attack on nearby Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941, which prompted decisive entry of the U.S. into World War II; the harbor remains a major naval base, hosting the U.S. Pacific Fleet, the world's largest naval command.
The Urban Honolulu Metropolitan Statistical Area had 1,016,508 residents in 2020. Honolulu's favorable tropical climate, rich natural scenery, and extensive beaches make it a popular global destination for tourists. As of May 2021, the city receives the bulk of visitors to Hawaii, between 7,000 and 11,000 daily.
- Conduct outreach and participate in sales meetings, calls, and relationship building
- Assist with booking and corresponding with clients
- Office management duties as needed -helping to organize and resupply the office
- Aid with photography projects as needed
- Gain hands-on experience with the day-to-day operations of a photography business
- To apply for the Internship program, applicants must be Photography or Business Administration undergraduate/graduate students OR a be recent graduates who begin program within 12 months of the graduation date
- To apply for the Trainee program, applicants must hold Photography or Business Admininistration degrees and have least 1 year of professional work experience related to the degree, OR be career professionals of 5 or more years of professional experience in this field
- Some photography experience is a plus but not a must
- Advanced English langugage skills
- Working knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator is a plus
- Great interpersonal and communication skills with excellent phone etiquette
- Proactive and able to solve problems independently
- Organized and adaptable with a dynamic personality